Saturday, September 29, 2007

Lord! Being a girly-girl is hard work!

As part of this self-improvement project I've embarked upon, I decided that I would start wearing make-up again (something I have not done much of for the past 10 years or more). Unfortunately, hubby likes it, so I guess I'll have to keep it up, now. Used to be I could just brush my hair, at the most pull it back, get dressed and go. Now, I have to freekin' "get ready" when I want to go somewhere. Putting on make-up and "fixing" my hair takes ever so much time. And oh my, you should have seen me when I went to purchase that wretched make-up. It had been so long, I didn't even recognize most of it. I mean, jeez... and I always hated shopping for lipstick anyway. It never looks right on me, and it feels icky. Dang! What a pain in the posterior!

And speaking of posteriors, thank you Jeannie, for the link. I'm already incorporating some of those exercises into my daily routine. I think I'm going to try for the "Bikini Butt". My sister got a good laugh out of that one, too. I won't expect miracles, but anything is bound to help. I've never had enough derriere to fill out a pair of tight jeans. (Not that I wear tight jeans much anymore, but it would be nice to know I could if I wanted to.) Now, if they would just come up with an exercise that would shift some of my excess bosom down to my backside, that would be great. I would have no problem doing that one several times every day. It always seemed so unfair to me that my sister got all the back and I got all the front. Of course, she always thought it was unfair, too, just in the opposite direction.

Hubby caught me exercising today. It made me feel funny, but I didn't stop and he didn't hang around for long. It makes me really uncomfortable for him to see me exercising. Really, really uncomfortable. I always feel like he's laughing at me, or something. It totally ruins the whole effort for me. Usually when he catches me, I will quit immediately, but today I didn't. I just kept on going and eventually I worked thru it and found my rhythm again. I know he didn't mean anything by it, but it was annoying. I'm sure he just wanted to see what I was doing, since my workouts are now taking more time than they used to, but still... it's so aggravating when you get a good sweat going and then something interrupts you. It is for me, anyway. I always feel like I need to start all over again, or just quit for that session; like I didn't get any good at all out of what I did get done. It makes me feel... cheated somehow.

Also, drove the van yesterday and today and it seems fine. I can now call Monday and re-schedule my appointment with Dr. Loo (the dentist). So... I'm back on the road toward that goal, as well. I'm pretty happy about that. Don't know how long it will take, but I'm already looking forward to the time when I can flash every one my brand new, great big smile. In fact, I'm pretty sure that once it's done, I will have a hard time not smiling. At least for a long while. I can't wait. I'm looking forward to that more than ever a child looked forward to Christmas. It's so important to me.

On the home front: we almost had an argument yesterday. Almost. But I refused to snap back at him. I became very agreeable and pleasant until he realized he was arguing all alone. So he quit. He tried to pick it back up later, but I just kissed him and said, "I love you so much." and gave him a great big hug. So he shut up and kissed me back. He was not unpleasant today for even one minute. Maybe he forgot whatever it was he wanted to argue about. It wasn't very important, I can't even remember, myself, what he was upset about.

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

It's not only a pain in the butt to be a girly-girl, but expensive too. I've just started wearing a little makeup again, and I hadn't realized just how much it now costs. Even good ol' Bonnie Bell is expensive!

My butt used to be this wide, flat thing, which my mom used to say looked like a toilet seat. I've completely changed my back side, and I have the treadmill to thank for that. Walking on an incline has given me some "extra lift". But I checked out the Bikini Butt 1 and 2 workouts, and they look like they'll do the trick. You'll have J-Lo's butt in no time!

Glad you and your hubby are doing so well. (^_^)

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

If I could just have half a J-Lo butt I'd be thrilled. Maybe if I work on it hard enough...

pamwax said...

If you don't like lipstick try Burts Bees Lip shimmer. It adds a little color but feels like a cooling lip balm and is not so expensive.

My butt is wide but I think the treadmill is helping. I bought Earth Shoes and my workouts are more intense