Saturday, September 22, 2007

It was a good day, today

Started out with me getting my Nagano-san autographed picture in the mail. Yahoo! Whoopee! Hurrah! (double back flip with a full twist... if I only knew how)

And Dale, the mechanic, came out and fixed my van this morning. At least, I hope its fixed. I'm going to let hubby drive it for a couple of days and see how it does. Because that's just the kind of chicken I am. I'm going to let someone else test it out for me. (I really do hate driving, wish I didn't ever have to do it.) So soon, I hope, I will be able to call the dentist and re-schedule my missed appointment. Happy! Happy! Happy! I'm going to get my smile fixed.

Plus, (and this is a big bonus happy feeling) I got word yesterday that my little charm/gifty/card thing finally arrived in Tokyo and Cuteyhoney is/was going to try to get it to Nagano-san this weekend. I hope she can/has. Now I'll just obsess about whether or not he liked it (for a little while, at least). Can't ever know, but it would be nice to. Just to be certain he did indeed get the thing would be wonderful.

And... drum roll please... I have formulated a plan to win back the man I love, or try to, anyway. I have decided that we must somehow bridge this distance that has grown between us, and I have to take the first step, because I know he won't. To that effect I have been more attentive and caring toward him than I have been for a while. I am trying to be available if he wants to talk. I am sitting with him more and holding his hand. I even went so far as to snuggle with him last night in bed. I figure if he doesn't like it, he can say so. (He did say this morning that he liked the snuggles). It feels weird, but I guess I have to 'court' him. Is that the word? I guess most would say that's the man's job, but I suppose its mine, right now. Can't hurt, can it? Might actually work, too, if I can pull it off without seeming to be too clingy or whatever.

Now, if only he doesn't do or say something that makes me so angry I loose my resolve. He is prone to that, but I'm going to try my best to ignore it if it happens. So far, so good. It's been two whole days since he's said anything insulting or hurtful to me. Maybe my tactics are already working. I hope so. I really do love him too much to just let us drift apart like we've been doing. And life really is too short to spend it being so sad and lonely as I've been these past few years. I have to make this attempt, and I hope it works. I am determined that I will not just give up what we had without even trying to save it. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Time can sometimes be our worst enemy. As time goes on, we often grow distant from our loved ones. But time can also be our best ally. You are using time to your advantage by doing all that you can do. I am happy to hear that you are not giving up.

My thoughts and good wishes are with you always!

pamwax said...

Remember Marriage is not always 50/50 and maybe right now is your time to put in 60%. Since he is ill right now he probably needs you support and will appreciate you being there. With your love how can he not turn around and say what a great girl I have . I am a lucky man.

And I don't like driving either but since Neil and I are together 24/7 I let him drive.