Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I never noticed this before, but...







John Edwards looks a whole lot like Clay Aiken. Is it just cause they are both from South Carolina originally? I'm not saying anything... but they do resemble.

And I just have one thing to say to these people who are "phone banking" and using their cell-phone free night and weekend minutes to make calls on behalf of whichever political candidate they support:

Stop it you freekin' idiots!!!

If you keep this up you're going to ruin it for all of us. Don't you think the phone companies are going to catch on eventually? Especially since it's all over the web, all over the TV and also in the print press. We'll all be lucky to have free nights and weekends after this campaign season. Idiots! Dorks! Would you just stop and think for once? You are all just messing your own nest and you don't have sense enough to see it. And not only are you ruining it for yourselves, which is your prerogative; but you are ruining it for all the rest of us, which is not your prerogative. So just stop, okay?

I was going to blog about the report that came out which supports the idea that Bush and his administration, gasp! LIED to get us into the war in Iraq. But I'm just too tired. And I'm angry and I'm sad and I feel somewhat vindicated, since I was one of those on the web who was called a crack-pot, a conspiracy theorist, an anti-Bush Democrat, as well as many other, less nice, names. All because I expressed my opinion that Bush/Cheney and the whole cast of characters in the White House, were not being completely honest with the American people.

Which reminds me... I've been meaning to speak a word about this: There's been a lot said over the past year about who among the Democrats supported the war, who didn't, who apologized for doing so, who didn't. So what that Hillary voted for the war, or whatever it was she says she thought she was voting for. If she hadn't voted for the war at that time, when Americans were so hip hip hooray for Bush and willing to lay down and let him use them for a floor mat, those very same Americans who are upset about it now, are the very same one's who would have condemned her if she had not. Same for John Edwards, whom I think made a big mistake when he apologized for his vote. What good is an apology after the fact?! Anyway...same for all the Democrats who supported it. They were actually, truly between a rock and a hard place. Think back to how most Americans were willing to give away their basic rights; the rights our forefathers tried to guarantee for us; just to be safe. Safe? How safe are we when our President acts like a dictator and the Congress encourages him! How are we safer when our government can come haul you away like a sack of turnips and not have to tell you why, not have to tell your family where they are taking you, not have to give you the right to an attorney nor a speedy trial... when they can listen in on your private phone calls without having to let you or anyone else know... when they can just go pillaging thru your library records for God's sake! I'm sorry, that don't make me feel safe. It makes me feel scared. And angry. And disgusted.

Well, that's off my chest for now. Maybe I'll blog about that other thing tomorrow. I just can't do it right now. I'm still so angry I can't think coherently about it. I'm angry with them, with the media, with the Congress, and with "my fellow Americans" especially. This past seven years has nearly stolen all my faith away that America is the best and brightest in the world. Its almost totally confirmed to me that Americans are the laziest, stupidest, small-mindedest, most parochial, etc., etc., people in the world. I know it isn't so. At least not every one is that way, but a great whole lot of them are and it's awful, terrible, and it doesn't bode well for our beloved country's future.

No comments: