Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Grinning Idiot & Some Sleepy Old Men

Nancy Pelosi: she may be a good Representative to her constituents, but she makes a piss-poor Speaker of the House. That dufus smile of hers gets on my nerve. Its so patently fake. She reminds me of the Joker from Batman. Only she doesn't present herself as being that smart. But that "fixed" smile she wears all the time has got to go. She looks like a "grinning idiot". And that Harry Reid, he is an idiot. How'd he get elected in the first place? And how did he get to be the "most powerful" Democrat in the Senate? Neither of them seem like good choices to me, for the posts they now hold. I guess they were the "stop-gap" measure until the Dems could get the White House again. All the other Reps and Senators who had been in Congress long enough to qualify for the jobs were too smart to accept them.


I think it's pretty disgraceful the way they've been showing poor old Bill Clinton sleeping in church this past Sunday. To be fair, one of the networks, I think it was MSNBC, did show some clips of Ronald Reagan and Dick Cheney also asleep at the helm, so to speak. At least Bill never got caught napping thru a policy meeting. I'll admit that I am more upset by seeing Bill shown (repeatedly) taking a little snooze behind the pastor, but I think its disrespectful to all of them. Good ol Ronnie was an old man, he had health problems. Dick Cheney and Bill Clinton both are known to have heart problems. Serious ones. And Bill, at least, has been on the go, fast and furious, for the past several months campaigning for his wife. And before that, he was running around the world with the first President Bush, shaking people and governments down for aid for the Tsunami stricken in South Asia. Poor man's got to be feeling it by now. I only hope he can last out the campaign. Sometimes he looks so incredibly tired, just worn out. I feel sorry for him. Regardless of how you feel about him, he is one of the greatest men of our time. He's done far more good in the world than he's done bad. And personally, I never thought it was any body's business but his, Hillary's and Chelsey's how many times he cheated on his wife nor who with. And I guess I should say a kind word for Darth Cheney, as well. He is old, he does do a lot of business. Being that evil can't be easy. I'm pretty sure he has to work kinda hard at it. There, that's the best I can do for him. I would criticize him or poke fun at him for more valid reasons than falling asleep while listening to Bush and his coterie droning on and on about how smart they are.


And can someone please tell me why the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is wasting their time and our tax money on investigating whether or not baseball players have been using steroids? Why are our elected officials wasting my money on this instead of spending their time doing the business they were elected to do? If steroids were illegal, and the civilian police find that people were doing it, then they should be charged and tried in a court of law. If that ghoulish looking fellow who runs baseball is found to have known about it and not done anything about it, he should be charged and tried, too. But let the civilian legal system take care of it. Why is it the business of the government? And further more, why aren't more people asking this same question?

Watched that show on the History Channel last night, the one I was so looking forward to: "Life After People". It was alright. Thomas and I enjoyed it, but it was a little too "special effects" and a not enough "substance", for me. I mean, they did a really good job on the CG stuff, and the subject matter was fairly thought provoking... but still... I would have liked to have seen less special effects and heard more from the scientists. I think they could have cut down on the "sensationalism" aspect of it and gotten more in depth about what they think might really happen.

I was able to walk a total of one hour today. I did 3 20 minute walks. Went a total of 1.8 miles. My sugar was way too high this morning. 348 after meal. But the coach warned me about that. She said it might be higher in the mornings, and it is. I will see Dr. Hogue next Tuesday and he will change my meds. Until then, all I can do is the best that I can do. Felt really, really tired today, but made myself do my walks anyway. I'll admit, I didn't get much else done today. Slept late, spent an hour and a half on the phone with the insurance company and the doctor's office and the pharmacy. Fun, fun, fun... having health issues is so damned fun! I wish George W. Frickin' Bush could have this much fun. I could also wish this administration and this Congress a plague of never-healing butt-boils, too. But, oh well... one can only hope that, indeed, what comes around goes around, and that they will get their just reward. If not in this life, then in the next, whatever life that may be.

Have not had a cigarette in nearly two months, and today made me want one really bad. I have held out so far, tho. Pete has still not quit completely and I don't think he really wants to. I wish he would. It would be so much easier for me to stay quit if he would go ahead and do it. He claims he only smokes 2 cigarettes a day, but dang. When I got down to that, I quit in a matter of a week, week and a half. I am trying to have patience and be supportive but it is getting hard to not just speak my mind. It's been a month he's been telling me that and I just don't believe him anymore.

Well, off to do my June Cleaver routine. Pack the lunch, ready the breakfast, set the coffee maker, find some healthy treats for his afternoon snack (Pete's not Thomas')... I do the 50's thing really well, most of the time. And it doesn't really bother me that much. At least when they remember to act like they appreciate it. When they start acting like it's my job to wait on them hand and foot I can get real bitchy. Little words like "Please" and "thank you" are so important. Politeness greases the wheels, so to speak. It keeps our society rolling along smoothly. When I am not treated politely... well, lets just say "the wheels" can sometimes fall off.

Take care everyone! And thank you very much for taking the time to read my little blog. I appreciate it.

hhollyd

2 comments:

pamwax said...

Can't say much about Bush and congress because the words I would use would not be appropriate for a public venue. What Bush has done to this country, I don't see how anyone can still support him.

I am so proud of you. Not smoking is the hardest thing I ever did. I started when I was 17 and quit when I was 50. The thing I did to keep motivated was to ask myself when things got rough and I wanted to give in " will having one make this go away or make it better". The answer was always no. I know it is hard but you will feel better and it is healthier for Thomas. Hang in there kid you are doing great.

pamwax said...

BTW Neil wathced the same show and wants to know what wiped out man but left all other living creatures. After all it will probably be some diaster that kills us off and you would think it would also get the animals.