Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sometimes when your neighbor's septic tank...

... overflows and spills into your yard, even though it isn't your mess, and even though it's a smelly, disgusting job... the best (and fastest) way to clean it up is to roll your sleeves up and start shoveling the shit.

So... I watched that ridiculous idiot give his little speech tonight on the state of our economy. I wanted so bad to slap his ugly face off. While he was blaming Wall Street's greed and irresponsibility for this mess we're in, he was at the same time patting himself on the back for making it possible for them to be so frickin' greedy and irresponsible in the first place! I swear to god! He was smiling his smug little chimp smirk and talking all about how "they" had made it possible for more people to own homes, more entrepreneurs to start businesses, more people to get credit for cars.... oh puh leeze!!!! Yeah, "great job brownie".Your frickin' deregulation made it possible for all those people to do those things, and now because no one was minding the store all those people are now being foreclosed on, forced into bankruptcy, or loosing their businesses. So... what have you accomplished, dumbass? Nothing. A big fat, honking nothing. And now we have to bail your fancypants buddies on Wall Street out or the whole frickin' country looses everything. I don't like it. I don't like it one bit, but if we, the taxpayers, don't pay for your broken economy we're all gonna end up being owned by China or Saudi Arabia, or maybe they'll just split us down the middle, ya think? Well, you ought to feel right at home if the Saudis end up with Texas. I mean, you guys are so chummy and all.

Sheesh. This idiot is not good for my mental balance. He brings such violent emotions up in me. And I AM NOT a violent person. I'm actually quite a laid back, peace loving, calm individual. But that man just makes me see red. He's bad for me, he's been bad for our country, he's been bad for the entire planet. God I'll be glad with his "reign of terror" is over.

Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed how the phrase "financial 9/11" is beginning to be used to describe what's happening? I'm so tired of that being shoved down our throats. I'm just sick of it! Tired of it! Full up to the eye-balls with it! 9/11! 9/11! 9/11! Be scared! Be afraid! Be terrified! The financial terrorists are coming to get you! Give me all your money and I will protect it for you! And the really scary part of that is that so many Americans still believe that lie. Still support the republican party. I'm so disgusted, I don't even know how to react anymore. I'm just flat disgusted. Are we even worth saving? If John McCain really has as much support as the polls claim he does... I'm just not sure we are.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

..."has anyone else noticed how the phrase "financial 9/11" is beginning to be used to describe what's happening?"

No, I haven't noticed. To compare the horrible financial crisis that our nation currently faces with 9/11 disparages those who died. I'd gladly give up all of my money if it would bring back even a single person that died that horrendous day.

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

I have heard it said by a few news media people and by a few politicians today. Not sure who started it or when, but I have heard it. I found it deeply offensive. I'm fairly sure all those who lost loved ones would too.
Using that phrase to describe any situation or to compare that event to any other belittles and marginalizes the horror of it. No one should make the term "9/11" a generic term to describe a bad situation.