Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Okay, just cause I promised it

I'm going to post pictures of me doing Karaoke with Tina at the family reunion. I feel kinda guilty for taking so long but uncle Allen is a jerk and he totally ruined any joy I had in putting the pictures up. Bastard! Sue me will he? Well, as I've said other places, I'll send those old pictures to my mother in the smoke of a huge bonfire before I turn even one over to him. HE AIN'T GETTIN EM!!! Anyway, that's my rant, now here's me singin', sort of:

As you can see, I am [wisely] staying pretty far away from the mic.


I ain't no dummy and I know I sound rather like a frog being stepped on when I sing...


And this is where the stupid Karaoke dude had put his own stupid words on the screen in the middle of that David Allen Coe song, "You Never Even Called Me By My Name". Idiot. Me and Tina just ignored what was on the screen and sang it like we learned it. Smart girls, don't you think?


And I think this is where we were singing that Shelly West song, "Jose Cuervo You Are A Friend Of Mine". I might have enjoyed the experience a bit more if the dude had brought any more music than country. But he brought what Tina told him to bring and he didn't really do a very good job anyway. He was an idiot. And he thought he could sing. I actually begged him to stop murdering a Stevie Ray Vaughan song. He thought I was joking. Until hubby disabused him of the notion.

Anyway, that's my one and only time of trying to Karaoke. I didn't especially enjoy the experience but then again, I KNOW I can't sing. My sister Martie was supposed to make an appearance and get up and sing with Tina, but she never showed so I took pity on Tina a got up and sang a couple of songs with her. I don't foresee me ever doing it again.

Anyway, I sorta feel icky and ill right now, so that's about it for this post. I had to do it since I promised. So there it is. Love to all.

7 comments:

Mr. Mike said...

Thanks for the post I like the pictures, it was nice of you to help out Tina. Bummer to hear about the karaoke guy not being any good.

Jeannie said...

It's nice to see you having such a fun time!

P.S. Sorry you're not feeling well right now.
:(

Anna said...

I hope you're feeling better!

Looks like you had a great time!

Arsenette said...

OKay so sue me... I thought of anime again..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onqm6jCJ3AI

(Skip to 2 minutes and 57 seconds...) I assume you sounded like Yomi?

Hoping that puts a smile on your face :) Thanks for putting up the pictures :)

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Um, yeah, sort of, except my voice is much deeper sounding than hers. No really, I CAN carry a tune, I just don't find my voice very pleasant to listen to. I can harmonize fine, always did with Martie and Tina but they always did the solos.

Arsenette said...

Tehehehe :) Well the fact that you are better than Yomi is all good :) I think in general people are very critical of their own voice (I know I am) and I'm sure yours is quite lovely! So what if your voice is a bit lower. I'm just happy you shared it with everyone... even if karaoke idiot guy was a pain..

Panther said...

Glad you had fun. The only song I can really Karoke is The Nights The Lights Went Out In Georgia.