Friday, August 29, 2008

A few personal thoughts

Watching the news and thinking about stuff:

John McCain's choice for VP is so insulting to me. Does he think that he will get my vote just because he puts a woman, ANY woman, on his ticket? Does he think I am that stupid? And if you listen, you will hear men in the woman's own party refer to her as a "gal", a "princess", a "girl"... sorry, but that sort of shows me how much respect she has in her own Republican party. What it shows is that she was picked just because, and only because she is female. That is just as wrong as not choosing someone because of their gender. And how dare she try to grab hold of Hillary Clinton's coat tails and try to stake a claim to all that Hillary has accomplished. You can look up the transcript to her (Palin's) speech for the exact wording, but she did make reference to what Hillary said about putting 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling and then went on to say something to the effect that now women can go ahead and shatter that glass ceiling once and for all. As tho if her ticket gets elected she will have EARNED her position. Puh-leeze!!! This little chit really got my goat today. The only reason she got the spot is because of her gender. Oh yeah, and because it appeases the ultra-conservative base of the Republican party. Twisted little Peeping Toms that they are. Talk about whoring yourself out!
And everyone keeps going on and on about how she is the mother of 5 kids, one, the youngest, with Down's Syndrome. As a woman, as a mother, as someone who has had to work two jobs while raising my child... I am utterly and completely disgusted by this gushing coverage. My first thought, when I heard how many kids she had was, "Isn't she smart enough to figure out whats causing that?"
She's a life long pro-lifer, a life long NRA member, a virulently anti-gay marriage person, apparently a life long busy body. They are making such a big deal about her son being sent to Iraq. Well, she ain't the first mom to experience that. And she won't be the last, if McCain has his way.
And the pundits all keep saying what a "bold" move this is for McCain to choose this hussy. It wasn't bold at all. He did it strictly to appease his narrow-minded, crabbed souled base and to try to gather up disaffected Hillary Clinton voters. And I'm sure there are more than a few Hillary supporters who will vote for McCain just because they are stupid and believe that the nomination was "stolen" from her. Stolen my sweet ass! She lost because she ran a sorry campaign. I was mad at her from the first over the way she was running (or rather not running) her campaign. She was stupid about the whole thing. Pissed me off. I wanted so bad for her to get the nomination, but I knew she wouldn't. Obama was smart enough to run a better campaign. He deserved to win the nomination, end of story. And these stupid folks calling themselves PUMA's. "Party Unity My Ass". What idiots. If McCain wins this election, it will be, at least partly, the fault of these old windbags and retards. People like these are a waste of good breathing air. They want to set back women's rights and all that women like my mother and my grandmother fought and suffered for. How dare they!
And how dare the Republican party turn around and now "praise" Hillary Clinton as a political ploy (in Palin's speech) when all they've ever done was vilify her and lie about her and try to tear her down? I am just so pissed off about this whole thing. If the McCain/Palin ticket wins the election, I just don't know what I will do. Throw myself in front of a truck or just move to Canada. Or maybe Mexico. Reverse immigration? Hey, I have some claim. One of my many great grandmothers came up from Mexico in the mid 1880's.
And oh yeah, how dare John McCain mention women's suffrage today?! The old goat has no shame. If he had been in charge back then we NEVER would have got the vote. I mean, after all, he doesn't see any need for equal pay for equal work, no need for laws protecting women from domestic violence and other violent crimes. He sees no need for a woman's right to choose. And his new little "princess" feels the same.
And after saying all of that... the thought that this former beauty pageant contestant would be the "Commander in Chief" should something happen to McCain??? A 72 year old man. A man who has also already had two bouts with cancer. A man known to have a bad temper. A man who is all of this and also hoping to take on the most stress-filled, complex, important, job in the world??? She would quite literally be "one heartbeat" away from being the frickin' President of the United States!!! Does that sound like a good idea to any body??? Any body??? This is the stupidest idea I've heard from Republicans in a good long while, if ever. The thought that she might have to jump in and finish the job scares the hell out of me. You who know me know that I am very pro-woman. I believe it is past time that we had a woman President, but this is ridiculous! I'm outraged! I'm disgusted! I'm horrified! Actually, words cannot express my emotions at this situation. I think I'm having an aneurysm. I better wrap this up now.

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

McCain's choice of Palin made an easy choice even easier. I share almost no views with either of them.

pamwax said...

Personally I think McCain shot himself in the foot. I can't imagine any women voting for him because he picked a women. Please tell me women are too smart to fall for this. And if the old fart dies she will be our president...talk about no experience. I think with 5 kids , one Down's Syndrome she should be taking care of her kids.

And please get off the right to life issue. This is an issue for the courts and not the president.

snowy said...

SKW wrote, "She's...apparently a life long busy body."

I just wanted to see that again. Summed it up nicely. Excellent blog, SKW.