Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dang, Obama!!!

... am I the only democrat who pays her taxes properly? Why don't you appoint me to a post? I need a job. I swear... I love Tom Daschel, but seriously... who in their right mind really thinks that was an honest mistake? I have to say that my shiny brand new President is starting to get a few scuff marks on himself already. One more and I may just have some dirty words to say about it. Didn't he say things was gonna be different? Just wondering...

Thomas is going to Florida for a month this weekend. I don't want him to go. I never do. But this time... he's just a few months away from his 18th birthday. Just a few months until he comes into his settlement money. I'm so afraid that that devil down there will try to sweet talk him out of it, or talk him into staying there so he can "help" him figure out what to do with it all... thank God he can't get it all at once. But still... it's his. HIS. Not mine, not Frank's, not any body's but Thomas'. I know... I worry too much. Of course, I feel like I have good reason to. Maybe I don't, but I think I do. I worry so much about him. He's so honest, and I've tried to teach him about unscrupulous people and people who will tell a lie to get an advantage, but I don't think he would actually think of it that way if Frank tried to gain control of his money. Oh I don't know... I just worry.

Anyway...
Folks in KY still without power, heat, water... basic necessities of life. How is it that that can happen here in America? Why aren't more people as outraged about that as I am? Perhaps because we only think about INFRASTRUCTURE in this country when it's our very own personal infrastructure that isn't working? And then, when it does happen to us, personally, when our utilities come back on we are just so grateful to have them back that we don't take the time to tell our elected officials (local as well as state and federal) just how ridiculous it is that in America we have to live like refugees in a third world country in our own homes, because our power grid is so antiquated that it can't stand up to a normal winter storm... or a normal heat wave (And what does that say about what's gonna happen when the globe really starts to heat up? But that's a discussion for another day) Okay, okay, deep breath. Run on sentence, I know... bad, bad, BAD! Won't do it again. (at least maybe not in this particular post)

I'm heading off to bed now. Got a dentist appointment tomorrow. Dadgumit! I HATE having to wake up early. Tomorrow will make 3 days in a row. Plus the two days last week. I might as well just get used to it, eh? I AM NOT a morning person. I don't see any need for them. Ahhahahaha... can't we just "phase" them out? Retire them? Lay them off? I won't miss them.

1 comment:

Chaki said...

SKW, I'm sure you've had discussions with Thomas about his future but it may be a good idea to talk about it again before he leaves for Florida. He knows you are the one person who loves him most in the world.