Saturday, December 27, 2008

An Unexpected Gift Brings Joy Beyond Imagining



Me, opening my beautiful Netsuke from my dear (and most observant) friend, Snowy. By sending me this truly wonderful, caring and thoughtful gift, you have shown what a true friend you are to me. Your gift made me cry tears of happiness and saddness. I know you understand the why for both. :) You are beautiful, Snowy. Tho I have never laid eyes on you in person, I KNOW that you are beautiful, through and through.




A close up (as best as I could do with the pictures Pete took) of my Netsuke. You can view it on-line here. It is called Hotei With Baby

Hotei. Cool. Very Cool. Here's the wiki for it: The Seven Gods of Fortune (七福神, Shichi Fukujin?), commonly referred to in English as the Seven Lucky Gods, refer to the seven gods of good fortune in Japanese mythology and folklore. They are often the subject of netsuke carvings and other representations.

I know myself to be a nurturer, a giver, a kind person. One who wishes only good things for others. I am content that this be my Netsuke. It touches me on so many different levels. And I'm proud to have him with me. I am sure he will bring me good luck in the year ahead. Thank you again, Snowy, for your awesome gift. You can be sure that I will absolutely cherish it for ever and ever.

7 comments:

Judy said...

What a beautiful gift from a cherished and thoughtful friend. What would we do without friends in our life? I wish you a healthy and happy New Year.

snowy said...

Awwww, you're very welcome SKW. You know I wish nothing but happiness for you and yours.

Chaki said...

The Netsuke are lovely. It was so lovely of Snowy and so suitable for you. I'm sure she had fun picking it out!

Jeannie said...

My goodness- your post has me in tears too. I don't know what else to say other than you and Snowy both are such wonderful people.

Mr. Mike said...

That looks like a very nice gift!

Arsenette said...

Like Jeannie it brought tears to my eyes.. especially seeing SKW's tears in the picture! Snowy outdid herself getting something every simple and unique to us but very personal! Chaki same thing.. I'm sure snowy had a great time picking them out :) They are so cute also :) I had fun researching what each meant :D

Anna said...

What a special gift! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!